Non-Domestic Rates FAQS - Payment Enquiries
How can I pay my rates?
- By Direct Debit - please download a Direct Debit Mandate (PDF)
- By Standing Order - please download a Standing Order Mandate (PDF)
- By Telephone using the Council’s Automated Telephone Payment service. You can make payment by this method at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To use this service, please call 0300 123 2678. When calling this number, please remember to have a note of your reference number and a valid credit or debit card.
- By Internet using the Council’s Secure Web Page. You can make payment by this method at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When using this service, please remember to have a note of your reference number and a valid credit or debit card.
- By BACS or electronic payments - these should be made to Moray Council using the following details:
Bank of Scotland
Sort Code 80-06-66
Please quote 'NDR' AND your Account Reference number (found on your bill).
- If you are paying from outside the United Kingdom, our IBAN number is GB50BOFS8006 6600 1116 95
- Cheque payments can sent by post and made payable to Moray Council. If you are sending a cheque payment, this should be addressed to Moray Council, Council Office, High Street, Elgin IV30 1BX. Please quote your reference number on the reverse of the cheque.
- Home Banking using your bank’s service. If making payment by this method, you must quote Moray Council’s bank sort code 80-06-66 and bank account number 00111513. Please also ensure you quote your Non-Domestic Rates reference number as shown on your bill.
When can I pay my rates?
Rates are normally payable by 10 instalments from May to February in any financial year. If paying by a single lump sum, this must be made on or before 30 September in that year. If a bill is issued during the financial year, the amount of instalments will reduce. For example, if it is issued in June, there will be 8 instalments from July to February. Where it is issued after 31 December, the amount payable is due in a single instalment within fourteen days.