Please note that if you are considering lodging an application:
- The Council only has a skeleton staff and will not be checking the Gov site for applications at this time.
- The Council Contact Centre can take telephone payments at present but this may change.
- Applications can therefore only be lodged by mail and it may be easiest to include a cheque.
- The Council is still accepting applications but is not in a position to process them at the moment. This is because many staff have been sent home in line with the current Government guidance and essential staff are maintaining a skeleton service or being redeployed to areas of urgent need.
- Applications will remain unprocessed for the foreseeable future but the situation will remain under review.
- Applications will be logged. They will not be checked or validated so further information may be required in connection with any application in due course.
- Please also note in the absence of validation the processing times do not start to run unless and until you receive confirmation of validation. However, if the application being lodged is a renewal it will enable the current licence to continue unless and until the renewal is decided.
Please be assured we will resume normal service as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
IMPORTANT: Due to staff sickness/annual leave we are currently experiencing a backlog on ALL licensing applications.
If you track your application online and the status is “Pending” this means your application has been received and is currently being processed.
Renewals: You are advised that you can continue in your licensed operation until a decision has been made providing you applied for a renewal before your licence expired.
Please note: With IMMEDIATE effect all applications and related matters should be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only correspondence to this email address will be dealt with by our team.
We are responsible for processing licences relating to a number of entertainment activities. Use the menu on this page to find out more information about specific entertainment licences and to apply online.