Taxi Testing Manual - Oil Leaks
2.1 Oil Leaks
- Engine and transmission should be clean and free from leaks
Method of Inspection:
- Check the engine and transmission for leakage of any type of oil
- Check without operating any equipment other than the engine which may be run at tick-over speed
- Temporary means of preventing leaked oil reaching the ground are not acceptable.
- Check temporary repairs for oil leakage
Reason for Rejection:
- Any oil leak which deposits oil on the ground during the test which forms a pool greater than 10mm diameter in a five minute period or a number of leaks which collectively would deposit oil at the same rate.
- A temporary means of preventing leaked oil reaching the ground.
- Any leak which when the vehicle is in motion could compromise the Health and Safety of its passengers.
- Oil leakage from a temporary repair