Private Landlord Registration Enforcement Policy
Our Landlord Registration Enforcement Policy aims to make sure that private landlords comply with current legislation and good practice and that all private landlords are 'fit and proper' to be letting residential property. Our leaflet, 'Private landlord registration in Moray (PDF)', summarises the policy and explains what action we can take against those who do not register.
You can view the policy using the links below, or you can view it as a PDF .
- Scope of policy
- Strategic context
- Objectives and principles of the policy
- Legal framework
- Areas of enforcement
- Persons responsible for enforcement action
- Opportunity to register
- Failure to register
- Failure to provide good management practices
- Provision of false information or failure to include required information in an application form
- Failure by a registered person to notify changes of circumstances
- Failure to meet the repairing standard
- Enforcement actions
- Late application fee
- Rent Penalty Notice
- Report to the Procurator Fiscal
- Performance monitoring
You can get more information on the rights and responsibilities of private landlords.
Housing and Property