COVID-19 - Non-Domestic Rates
2020 Non-Domestic Rates Billing
2020 Non-Domestic Rates bills were issued to ratepayers in the week commencing 18 May 2020.
Any ratepayer who receives a bill and envisages difficulties in making payment of it should contact us for advice at the earliest opportunity. Our contact details are displayed at the foot of this page.
Payment of Non-Domestic Rates bills
Moray Council recognizes that the on-going outbreak of COVID-19 is causing significant stress for some businesses. In instances where the payment of rates is contributing to this stress, contact should be made with the council to discuss deferment of payment of rates. Any such request will be treated sympathetically. If you want to discuss payment please call 01343 563456 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Retail Hospitality and Leisure Rates Reduction
In the financial year 2020-21, businesses which operate in the retail, hospitality or leisure sectors are entitled to a 100% exemption from the payment of rates. Qualification for this reduction is based on legislation enacted by the Scottish Government. The council has deducted this reduction from bills prior to their issue where we believe there is qualification. If you have not received this reduction and you believe that you should, please contact us by calling 01343 563456 or e-mailing email@example.com.
This exemption is administered on the basis of legislation. It is entirely separate from the Business Grant scheme which the council has administered on behalf of the Scottish Government. Qualification for a business grant does not automatically translate into qualification for this exemption.
Scottish Government Business Grants
The Business Grant Scheme closed to new applications at 5pm on 10 July 2020.
• If you made an application in the past 10 working days and have not yet heard the outcome, please be assured that this will be processed and we will contact you in due course. If we require further information to process your application, we will contact you and you must provide this by the date specified, otherwise we will consider you to have withdrawn your application;
• If you previously applied for a grant but we requested further information from you in order to assess your application, then you must provide this by 5pm on Friday 31st July, otherwise we will consider you to have withdrawn your application;
• If you previously applied for a grant but were considered ineligible, you may request an internal review of your case. Requests for an internal review received after 5pm on Friday July 31st will not be considered;
• If you previously applied for a grant but your application was dependant on the views of the Assessor (for example to determine if the premises should be included in the Non-Domestic Rates Valuation Roll), this may be delayed until the Assessor is able to make a site visit. In such cases, where possible, we will endeavour to process your application using other evidence;
• If you made an application prior to the past 10 working days and have not been advised of the outcome, you should contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Applications received after 5pm on Friday, 10th July will not be considered.
Non Domestic Rates Team