Community Learning & Development
'Community Learning and Development (CLD) describes the process of providing support to primarily disadvantaged or vulnerable people of all ages. CLD encourages learning to bring about positive changes to lives and communities, with a strong focus on early intervention prevention and tackling inequalities.' (Education Scotland 2017)
There is no specific CLD service in this authority. We deliver CLD by working with local partners and a number of council departments.
Our CLD Plan
We’ve worked with our partners to produce the Moray CLD Plan 2015-2018, in accordance with Community Learning and Development (Scotland) Regulations 2013.
The priorities of the plan are to ensure:
• Every child has the best start in life
• Everyone, irrespective of age, has access to support and development opportunities enabling them to meet their needs and aspirations and realise their potential
• Empowered communities have access to support and resources enabling them to identify and address their own needs and aspirations
The next Moray CLD Plan is due to be published on 1 September 2018.
Youth work is delivered by the Engagement Team in our local authority area. Our key partners include:
Our adult learning provision is delivered by a range of settings:
• Essential Skills
• English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
• Linking Education and Disability (LEAD)
• Library Learning Centres
• University of Highlands and Islands - Moray College
• Moray Community Centres
• Group and activities for older people
Moray Learning and Development Training Calendar - This training is for staff working with children and families.
The North Alliance - This is a partnership of CLD practitioners from the north of Scotland.
Integrated Children's Services (CLD)
The Moray Council
Education & Social Care
High Street, Elgin