Community Learning & Development
'Community Learning and Development (CLD) describes the process of providing support to primarily disadvantaged or vulnerable people of all ages. CLD encourages learning to bring about positive changes to lives and communities, with a strong focus on early intervention prevention and tackling inequalities.' (Education Scotland 2017)
There is no specific CLD service in this authority. We deliver CLD by working with local partners and a number of council departments.
Our CLD Plan
Building on the learning from the 2015-2018 CLD Plan, partners have worked together to produce “CLD in Action, Our Plan for 2018-2021" (PDF / Word), in accordance with the Community Learning and Development (Scotland) Regulations 2013 and the Revised Guidance.
The CLD Strategic Partnership has identified themes where they can bring the most value through working together:
• People: improving the learning offer across communities
• Place: making the most of assets and opportunities in communities
• Prospects: ensuring the CLD Workforce is skilled, with access to opportunities and accreditation and succession planning is embedded
• Publicity: Improving understanding of CLD through better publicity, networking and information sharing
These themes were informed by active Moray groups and organisations who increasingly are taking on responsibility for community buildings and activity.
The next Moray CLD Plan is due to be published on 1 September 2021.
Our adult learning provision is delivered by a range of settings:
• Essential Skills
• English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
• Linking Education and Disability (LEAD)
• Library Learning Centres
• University of Highlands and Islands - Moray College
• Moray Community Centres
• Group and activities for older people
Moray Learning and Development Training Calendar - This training is for staff working with children and families.
The North Alliance - This is a partnership of CLD practitioners from the north of Scotland.
Integrated Children's Services (CLD)
The Moray Council
Education & Social Care
High Street, Elgin