Building Standards work with our customers, colleagues and partners to safeguard the built environment.
Our aim is to ensure that buildings in Moray comply with building regulations including:
- the health and safety of all persons in or about buildings
- furthering the saving of fuel and power
- furthering the success of sustainable development
The services provided by Building Standards include:
- Process building warrant applications, including pre-warrant discussions
- Inspection of construction work relating to building warrants
- Verification of completion certificate submissions
- A building standards enquiry system
- Enforcement relating to unauthorised or dangerous buildings
COMING SOON - eBuildingstandards.scot launch: 24 August 2016. Read more.
Grampian Building Standards Consortium
We work formally and collaboratively with Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeenshire Council under the name Grampian Building Standards Consortium (GBSC).
The consortium shall use this grouping to process benchmark and liaise with customers to enhance service delivery.
Training initiatives delivered to both staff and customers will also be targeted by the consortium.