Export Health Certificates

Food export certificates are required by businesses that wish to export food to countries outside of the European Union. These certificates verify that the exporting business complies with all relevant legislation.

Applying for Certification

The Consulate or Embassy of the importing country will supply you with information relating to the format of the certificate and also provide you with any other requirements needed for import.

Please note it is the exporter's responsibility to ensure that the destination country's requirements are met.

After this information has been sought you must contact this Service with information relating to the export. This information* can include:

  • Product
  • Quantity
  • Manufacturer
  • Storage conditions
  • Packaging
  • Consignor
  • Consignee
  • Date of Production/Packing
  • Mode of transport
  • Registration document (for live bivalve molluscs)
  • Alcohol Percentage

*Please note this information is product dependant.

The certificate will only be supplied to those businesses that are approved or registered with this Service and have undergone a full food hygiene inspection.

Cost of Certification

There is a cost for each certificate - see fee table

Contact Us

Environmental Health
The Moray Council
Council Office
High Street, Elgin
IV30 1BX

0300 1234561

01343 563483


Rate this Page