Housing Options Guide-1c
How to apply for our housing
We have a new online housing application. If you want to be considered for housing with Moray Council you will need to register and create a Housing Online account and select the relevant option:
- Create a housing application - to create a new application
- Incomplete Housing Application - to continue with an application which has only been partially completed
- Completed and accepted - to update and amend an application which has been completed and submitted already
How points are allocated
Once you have given us all the information we need, we will work out the total points, depending on your circumstances. The number of points awarded will usually decide your position on the housing list.
If you think your home is not suitable for you due to a health condition and/or disability you can complete a functional assessment form (PDF). A functional assessment is not an assessment of the severity of a person's clinical condition or disability. The assessment will look at whether more suitable accommodation would:
- Help stabilise a clinical condition or disability; or
- Allow a person to function more independently.
You can get a form by:
- phoning us on 0300 123 4566;
- emailing us at email@example.com;
- visiting your local access point; or
- downloading a copy from our website Housing Functional Assessment Form (PDF)
What to do if you disagree with our decision
As part of our allocations policy, we developed a review procedure which deals with instances where an applicant is dissatisfied with the decisions made on any aspect of their housing application and your letter should outline in as much detail as possible why you think our decision is wrong.
You should write to:
Senior Housing Needs Officer (Allocations)
Housing and Property
PO Box 6760
An applicant who is not satisfied with decisions made on their application should discuss the situation with the Senior Housing Needs Officer or their nominated representative in the first instance. If an applicant remains dissatisfied, the applicant may write to the Housing Needs Manager to ask that the Housing Needs Review Group consider their case.
If an applicant is still dissatisfied following a decision by the Housing Needs Review Group, the applicant may write to the Head of Housing and Property, as the Council’s senior housing advisor, to ask that the case is considered by a Sub Committee of the Communities Committee.
View full details of the Allocations Policy by clicking here.