Restarting a full repairs service
During the coronavirus outbreak we have been operating an emergency only repairs service. We are have now reintroduced a full repairs service (including non-emergencies) for our tenants.
From Tuesday 1 September 2020
- We started working on the backlog of non-emergency repairs that were delayed due to lockdown. Our repairs team will contact tenants to agree appointments for any outstanding repairs.
- Please log repairs online where possible.
You can still call us on 0300 123 4566 during normal office hours (8:45am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) but reduced staffing means calls may not always be answered, particularly during peak times (between 8:45am–10am and 12pm–2pm).
- Some repairs may take longer to complete or may have to be delayed due to social distancing rules.
Visiting your home
The recent restrictions to household visits made by the Scottish Government refer to social visits. Our repairs and maintenance service is not affected by the announcement on 22 September 2020 because specific guidance is in place for these services.
We aim to keep our tenants and staff safe at all times. When booking a repair and during our visit, we will ask if you or a member of your household:
- are self-isolating or awaiting test results
- have coronavirus
- are displaying coronavirus symptoms - a high temperature or a fever, a new continuous cough, or loss of, or change in sense of smell or taste
If you answer YES to any of these questions, the visit will be rearranged, unless it is a serious emergency that poses danger to you or the property.
If you initially say NO but then change your answer to YES, you must let us know immediately on 0300 123 4566, so we can rearrange your repair for another day.
For everyone's safety, when visiting your home, please stay in a separate room where possible. Our staff will:
- wear appropriate protective clothing (sometimes called PPE).
- wear an ID badge with their name, and Moray Council logo on it.
- social distance, where possible, keeping 2 meters away from you.
Please see our guidelines for visiting your home.