Council Tenants Information
Utilities for your new tenancy are provided by British Gas who will set up every new Moray Council tenant on a standard tariff. Once the new tenancy has been confirmed, British Gas will send you a welcome letter advising you to call them discuss your options or go online to see which tariffs are available and might suit you best.More information can be found using the following British Gas links:
- Energy prices & tariffs - www.britishgas.co.uk/energy
- Smart meters - www.britishgas.co.uk/smart-home/smart-meters
- Submit meter readings- www.britishgas.co.uk/meterreads
- Warm Homes Discount - www.britishgas.co.uk/energy/energy-saving/warm-home-discount
- Smart top ups - www.britishgas.co.uk/my-account/topup
- Contact British Gas - www.britishgas.co.uk/help-and-support/contact-us
We produce a lot of information to keep you up-to-date on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, and the services we can provide to you.
Whether you are a new or existing tenant, you can find out how to report a repair, what permissions you will need if you want to make changes to your property, and who to contact if you have a housing-related emergency.
Download your Tenant's Handbook and the latest edition of The Tenants' Voice.
We have prepared a list of useful leaflets and forms which give information on specific topics relating to you and your tenancy. This includes the Guide for EEA and EU citizens in Scotland.
From 27 June 2018, Universal Credit full service started in Moray. Our guide to Universal Credit gives more information on what full service means and gives advice on making a claim.
Housing (Scotland) Act 2014
All our tenants were notified by 1 November 2018 of changes to housing law which affect their rights under their tenancy agreement.
Housing and Property